I am using QTP9.2 with concurrent license and I have few scheduled jobs to run scripts at different timing
and I am facing inconsistent problem with QTP result generation and I was showing
"These results were generated with a later version of QuickTest Professional.
To view these results, install a later version of QuickTest Professional or the Test Results Viewer."
I googled and I got bad news that one who using QTP9.5 also getting same problem.
If I run the scripts manually, Scripts are running fine and it is generating results without any issue
and if I schedule same scripts, execution of first script was fine but it was failing to generate QTP result and execution of other scripts were failed.
I did following workaround, but non of them helped me
- I edited registry to skip Environmental check by QTP
- I disabled movie capture from Tool -> option -> run tab
- I am deleting temp folder before script execution
the above problem is inconsistent, I am getting 2 to 3 time for every week.
please give me a solution if you know
I am using QTP 9.1 and I too see this message some times. Don't know really why we get this message... and some times even after stopping QTP run, it doesn't stop and I am forced to kill "QTPro.exe" from task manager. Does any one know, why this happen?
This is a bug with QTP. If QTP crashes or has a problem, the XML file that contains your results can be corrupted or lose the schema's structure. In effect, your results are gone
When you try to load the results. The schema and stylesheet check fails in QTP and it outputs the error message you are seeing. Only workaround we managed was to search for the raw xml file & read the raw content.
Am not a big fan of QTP's reporting using their XML stylesheets, schema etc. so we wrote our own XML reporting engine instead. Works like a charm
I recently started working with QTP and found out that it is not as user friendly as I expected. What I mean is that if I ran hundred test using astra batch, it is impossible to view all the results at the same time. So, I had to create my own program in VB Script to open all the XML results for the all the tests and save the data in one Excel file. I am new to XML so I was wondering what kind of XML reporting engine did you come up with. And what technology did you use.