Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

pattern validation in a string

Hi, Here i strucked with a problem.I have to validate a error message.when i give invalid inputs it displays error message and if i give valid inputs it will show message like "Replenish information through creditcard is saved for Account 3000217. but here in this message the nuemeric part is changing based on the account. my target is if above message dispalyed it shoud exit

If var="Replenish information through creditcard is saved for Account 3000217. " Then
    Reporter.ReportEvent 0,"TC","Replenshed successfully"
    Else
    Reporter.ReportEvent 0,"TC",var
    End if
    Here 3000217 value is changing

-------------------------------
    Moderator's Editing comment: please follow the forum guidelines are provide a specific summary decription of your question in the postings Subject line--rather than a generic non-specific phrase like "validation"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: validation

Check out the VB string function left. Rather than doing the compare on the whole string, only do the compare for part of the string. Or, if you want to use the account number and you know the account number compare against a string you build using concatenation ie If var="Replenish ... Account " & accountNumber.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Check out the vbScript built-in function, inStr() and vbScript's robust support for Regular Expressions. Both are covered in on-line help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If (instr(var,"Replenish")>0) Then
    Reporter.ReportEvent 0,"TC","Replenshed successfully"
    exit run
    Else
    Reporter.ReportEvent 0,"TC",var