Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

DP Object Binding

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a central DP location using the following method.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    Set wMainLobby = Window("regexpwndclass:=FTCLobby")
    Set wMainLobby_dLogin = wMainLobby.Dialog("nativeclass:=\#32770")

wMainLobby_dLogin.Highlight
    </pre><hr />

This works fine - BUT if i close the login dialog and reopen it and then try to highlight it again I get a general run error:
    #: "-2147467259"
    Desc: ""

I'm guessing that when the object is created it is bound to some property which changes when the dialog is closed and reopened - possibly hwnd.

I can get around this by redeclaring the object before I highlight it the second time.

Obviously I was hoping to declare all the objects at the beginning of the script and be able to access them for the run duration. Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a workaround or different method that will work?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DP Object Binding

the nativeclass of Dialog should not change from 32770, I use Dialog("regexpwndclass:=#32770") for a number of different IE dialogs with no issues.

Does the object spy show any difference pre &amp; post closure between the window regexpwndclass?

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I checked the hwnd and it does change but the class does not.

If I print the hwnd after I highlight the object it returns a value. But when I close and reopen the dialog and try to reprint the hwnd it returns blank.

However if I use the Object Spy it does have a value just not the same value as initially.

Do you know what QTP binds to when I declare the object?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Interestingly - If I add a .Exist into the flow after re-opening the dialog it then sees the object and I no longer get an error. So at least I have a workaround of sorts.

Still doesn't make sense to me though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just an update on this. I've raised a support case with HP and I'll post anything useful they come up with.

In the meantime I'm having good luck with a workaround posted in a different thread-
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=470431

Though I've had to edit it a little because one of the object which is getting destroyed is the parent object hierarchically.