| || |
Practice! Practice! Practice!!
One of the suggestions which I often get and also give to the reply to the following question!
I am new to software testing and have some experience in Testing! As a senior, how would you suggest I improve my Testing skills!
The most common answer is PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!
I would agree that this is quite correct!
So now, a twist to my question!
I am new to QTP and have limited knowledge and experience of QTP
(I have worked on just one automation effort! Now we are in maintenance phase)
How would you suggest that I improve my QTP skills!
1. If the answer is practice, what do I practice on?
I like to see a good website (which would not go down) on which I can practice and the owner does not mind!
NO, not mercurytours!!
Any suggestions to some websites?
2. Other suggestions to "how to improve QTP Skills are always welcome!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Re: Practice! Practice! Practice!!
- Regularly read this forum. There are different topics that address so many different areas of QTP - scripts with OR, scripts using DP, datatable, .NET, JAVA, Flash, vbscripts in QTP, SAP, and the list will go on and on. You should know what you want to learn.
- Practice on any website, doesn't make much difference. You will never be able to know all. So it depends what you want. Different websites will offer Java, .NET, Basic Web, etc. platforms. Websites will also have Flash, etc implementations. It depends on what you want to do. I would prefer to create scripts for the website or Windows Application that I am supposed to work on.
- You are never going to learn in one day or one week.