Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Issue with using tests from different machines

Folks,

I m ausing QTP 9.2 and my QTP project is setup on a shared drive and I am using relative path settings for the folders of the project. When I point a new machine to the test in that path after setting the relative paths, I still don't see the resuable actions used by the test.
    Am I missing any setting here. I am setting the relative paths by using Tools->Options->folders.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issue with using tests from different machines

while adding the reusable actions to the main script, make it relative path, by default it takes full path even if you change it in the Tools-> Options....

all resources like environment variables, data sheet, shared object repository, library files, recovery scenarios etc.. while adding itself make them relative.
    --
    Thanks,

Srini

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Srini,

I am using reusbale action in all my tests. Based upon what you said, it sounds like if I use the project from a new machine, I would have to add the reusable actions to all those tests again. Is there a better alternative?

Thanks

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

I am setting the relative paths by using Tools->Options->folders.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Settings made using the Tools... menu pertain only to a given user login. Therefore they need to be made on all PCs you wish to use, and if the PC supports multiple logins, then they must be made to all logins on all PCs.

As an alternative (which <u>won't</u> work if you lib files resided IN Quality Center) is to specify each lib itself (on the Test Setttings... Resource tab) using the ..\..\etc. notation, as this style of path relative reference moves with the test script itself. When you use this technique it is best (but not absolutely required) to remove the Tools-&gt;Options-&gt;folders settings.