Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Restarting script after error.

Hi all,
    I have a script that I want to restart if an error/condition occurs. Ok so if I am running a script 10 times and say a duplicate piece of data gets entered after 2 successful iteration. I want to know if it possible to stop the script and advance to the next piece of data in the data table and restart the script. Has anyone done this and can it be done.

By the way I'm working with QTP version 8.2

Thanks
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Restarting script after error.

As I understand you requirement, you want to skip an iteration if certain condition is met. You don't need to stop and restart your script. There are different possibilities

<ul type="square">[*] You can check for the condition as soon as you enter the next iteration (i.e. first step after For ... Next statement). If true Then : i=i+1
    [*] Check for the condition is somewhere in the middle of FOR structure, then create something like this:
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    For .... Next

Do
    'some statements

'if true then exit do loop (continue to next iteration)
    If True Then : Exit Do

'if not true, continue executing rest of the statements

Exit Do

Loop

Next
    </pre><hr />
    [/list]
    -Suchit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually I want to end the current iteration and move on to the next. I'm using the "Data Table iteration" in the "Action call Properties" to set the number of iterations I want to run. Are you saying it's better to hard code a loop in the script than setting the number of iterations on the action?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am providing you a couple of options. Its not hard coding; its still a dynamic code. Better or not, on you to decide.

You can use Do .... Loop and If in combination to skip the rest of the part of the script and that will effectively take you to the next iteration.
    -Suchit