Current problem looks like this:
- start the tested application
- start QTP with following add-ins selected: ActiveX, Java, Oracle, Web
- after while, IE with tested application crashes. sometimes with following error:
FTOracleFormsAgent:iexplore.exe - Application Error
The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x6d447bf2.
- we found one workaround:
- when start QTP, select just ActiveX, Java, Oracle add-ins, and de-select Web add-in. It is contrary to recommendations, but it works (even recording).
Workaround is not very stable though. We still hit the problem sometimes. Restarting of the application helps in those cases.
Of course we need more robust solution.
- we did the repair of installation after jinitiator was installed, but the problem was not resolved
- tested application otherwise works normal. Problem occurs just when QTP is started
- it does not depend on browser. It happens with IE6, and IE7
- we are not developing the application, so we do not have the control over it
We are actually searching for automation tool to use on this project.
Until now the best solution for black box test automation with Oracle Forms seems to be QTP, but this problem is stopping us to really decide for it.
(we are using demo version for now)
You should not have the Java & Oracle add-ins loaded together (read the readme file)- just Oracle & web. When Java & Oracle are loaded together they cause conflicts. Always read the readme.
If you had to identify, in one word, the reason
why the human race has not achieved, and never
will achieve, its full potential that word would be "meetings".
Even i am facing same probelm with oracle Apps 11i, I am using QTP 9.1, IE7. Even sometimes without opening QTP alao Oracle Apps instance is not working. While Opening IE is crashing. Please suggest some work around/solution to access Oracle Applications.
Your application is crashing because of Oracle Addin.
If you are using App developed by Oracle dev forms (egs:RMS),here is the solution by steps:
-Uninstall QTP and Addins and make your application up and working.
-Install Oracle Addin and check whether you can able to work with application
-If not Install an RMSOraclePatch (SVSBLAPP01_3180_3124_QTPORACLE82P6108.exe), Check with mercury support.
-Most cases it will work, if not install Java Addin and try again. Hope it will work.