Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question regarding a custom ActiveX control

I'm hoping that someone has an idea on how to make this work:

I'm writing some automated testing for a web-based program that continues to access the internet (which negates the .sync option) until a confirmation dialog pushes it along. The custom ActiveX dialog appears as a submission confirmation and the user is required to select one of the two options: continue or return. Once that is done, that page points to a different one.

On the XP machine, simply activating the Dialog and using the WinButton().Click function work fine but for some reason it's not being detected on the 2k machine. I've stripped the object identifiers down to the bare minimum but it's not working for any of the options except for "CreationTime:=1".

The problem with that is idea is that the test runs through several times and other Dialogs are called into play. The CreationTime variable would change so it would only work on the first iteration.

Using a recovery scenario also seems to not work for some reason because the dialog is not properly detected there either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around the .Sync (especially the internal web time-out) and detect the applet that is being run, then click the correct button?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Question regarding a custom ActiveX control

[ QUOTE ]
    On the XP machine, simply activating the Dialog and using the WinButton().Click function work fine but for some reason it's not being detected on the 2k machine. I've stripped the object identifiers down to the bare minimum but it's not working for any of the options except for "CreationTime:=1".

The problem with that is idea is that the test runs through several times and other Dialogs are called into play. The CreationTime variable would change so it would only work on the first iteration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need more clarity on your question

What is the problem in 2k machines?

If your problem is on clicking on the dialog that appears then try

Do until object.exists
    obj.activate
    obj.winbutton.click
    Loop
    cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I take it you have checked that the object properties are the same in Win 2000 as they are in XP using the object spy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I *finally* figured the problem out, after two weeks of going at it.

There is a third-party software package for screenshots (PrintKey) that was installed on the machine via MS Group Policy. This program, once removed "corrected" the problem. I don't know why a program like that would cause the problem, but there is it.

"When you remove the improbable all else remains no matter how impossible must be true." - Sherlock Holmes.

At least I know it wasn't my scripting!