Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP indentifying XAML generated objects

Hi,

The AUT I'm working on is written in WPF, and we have the correct add in installed.

QTP can recognise "basic" WPF objects but has problems where the object is dynamically generated via XAML.

Just wondered if anyone else has any experience/hints/tips in this area?

We are currently awaiting help from Mercury but I won't hold my breath

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP indentifying XAML generated objects

You can always cast objects to other types.

So if QTP recognizes a SwfEdit generated dynamically as something like below

SwfWindow().SwfObject()....

Then you can use DP and try to cast it as a SwfEdit
    SwfWindow().SwfEdit("x:=y").Set ...

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP indentifying XAML generated objects

Resurrecting this old post.

I may be having this problem too. QTP 9.5 with .Net and WPF add-ins running.

Our app uses XAML too. I can see many objects (identified as WpfEdit, WpfButton, etc.) but other objects, specifically those inside a WpfTabStrip, are invisible to qTP.

It's not a matter of seeing them as a SwfObject and remapping them, but they are completely invisible to QTP. Spy can't see them. The OR cannot learn them. They don't record when I interact with them in record mode.

Further, if I install a basic XAML application on my QTP box, I can see everything perfectly. 100% of all objects and their properties. But then I close the app and launch it again and the objects are now invisible to QTP - objects I just learned and recorded and interacted with.

I have attached a little dummy application our developer wrote, a simple window with a few tab controls and other objects. Ugly, but handy little window for testing QTP functionality against this XAML code.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Blake
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "The last 10% of any software project will take 90% of the budgeted time. The first 90% will take the other 90%"