Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to identify chekbox in a webtable

Application -> contains a webtable containing a checkbox, project name, link (Give Now) to corresponding project details page Along with other details
    Scenario to Automate -> Search for a project name, check the corresponding checkbox and click on the corresponding link (Give now)
    I am able to Search for a project name, (which is got from imported external excel sheet) – Getting the corresponding row number

But unable to check the checkbox with particular options, nor count number of checkboxes in the table

Option 1:

‘webtable decription
    Set wt=Description.Create()
    wt("name").value="2"
    wt("micclass").value="WebTable"
    wt("html id").value="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ProjectSearc hResult1_ResultsGrid_ctl01"

‘check box description
    set chk=Description.Create()
    chk("micclass").value="WebCheckBox"
    'chk("id").value="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Projec tSearchResult1_ResultsGrid_ctl01_ctl.*"

'chk("name").value="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Proj ectSearchResult1$ResultsGrid$ctl01$ctl.*"

'chk("html id").Regularexpression=True

'chk("name").value="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Proj ectSearchResult1$ResultsGrid$ctl01$ctl.*"

'chk("name").Regularexpression=True

'chk("value").value="on"

'chk("visible").value="true"

chk("type").value="checkbox"
    chk("visible").value="true"
    chk("x").value=240
    set bc=Browser("Newdea - Browse Projects").Page("Newdea - Browse Projects").webtable(wt).ChildObjects(chk)
    Msgbox bc.count()
    Result 1: Count is displayed as 0, instead of displaying 19

Option 2:
    set bc=Browser("Newdea - Browse Projects").Page("Newdea - Browse Projects").ChildObjects(chk)
    Msgbox bc.count()
    Result 2: Count is displayed as 0, instead of displaying 19

Option 3:
    set cb=Browser("Newdea - Browse Projects").Page("Newdea - Browse Projects").webtable(wt).ChildItem(2, 1, "WebCheckBox", 0)
    cb.SetToProperty "Checked", 1
    Result 3: Run time error is displayed for line “cb.SetToProperty "Checked", 1”

Option 4:
    While recording, check box is recorded as follows
    Browser("Newdea - Browse Projects").Page("Newdea - Browse Projects").WebCheckBox("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ Proj_2").Set "ON"

Configured in object repository for WebCheckBox as regular expression for class name as “ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Proj.*” and the count is displayed as 1(for which I had recorded.

Note: I am able to get first 10 records project names with the following script successfully

For i=1 to 10
    Msgbox Browser("Newdea - Browse Projects").Page("Newdea - Browse Projects").Webtable("name:=2").GetCellData(i,3)
    Next

10 records are displayed per page, so I would like to know how to proceed with data in 2nd page

Could anyone please help me in resolving this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to identify chekbox in a webtable

I'm not sure what exactly your issue is, but there are quite a few threads recently posted on webtable, checkbox. Use advance search with keywords +webtable +checkbox
    -Suchit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to identify chekbox in a webtable

do you have any next page option to navigate..? if so go there and perform the same action.
    --
    Thanks,

Srini