Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP Scripts run in Winrunner.

Hi all,
    I had a suite developed in QTP .
    Can i call the same suite in winrunner. So that the QTP script work in winrunner.

I had QTP 9.2 and winrunner 8.2.

regds
    Ravi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP Scripts run in Winrunner.

WinRunner can call QTP scripts for execution, but they will still be executed by QTP.

I think you may be the only person wanting to know how to get their QTP stuff to work in WinRunner since HP announced end of support on WinRunner [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Boyd Patterson
    Patterson Consulting, LLC
    www.patterson-consulting.net

[i]Creator of Test Design Studio - Powerful IDE for QuickTest Pro[i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you open WR & QTP...execute your scripts in Winrunner start recording in QTP at the same time all your scripts will be converted to QTP without having to use a conversion tool
    Shalu

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    If you open WR & QTP...execute your scripts in Winrunner start recording in QTP at the same time all your scripts will be converted to QTP without having to use a conversion tool

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a warning, this only duplicates the execution of the script at that time. Any conditional logic or branching does not get converted. For instance, imagine you have a loop that performs the same action 10 times. Using the above process will record the 10 actions one after the other instead of using the more appropriate loop. This also destroys any modularization of code through the use of function libraries.

This technique can help with a conversion effort, but should not be considered a full conversion option unless all you have ever done is use the "record/playback" features of WinRunner.
    Boyd Patterson
    Patterson Consulting, LLC
    www.patterson-consulting.net

[i]Creator of Test Design Studio - Powerful IDE for QuickTest Pro[i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Good (and quick) response, Boyd.

The statement [ QUOTE ]
    all your scripts will be converted to QTP without having to use a conversion tool

[/ QUOTE ] is flat wrong, shaluk. Maybe all YOUR scripts, but not necessarily someone else's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the answer .
    I checked on the HP site and they are saying that all the existing customers have to migrate to QTP . For the refrence below is the link.

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/disp...1074_4000_100__

So what you suggest to do in the above case . Should i go for migration process and contact to HP guys..
    -----------
    Ravi