Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Object not identified on playback

I have recorded a script using WR and on playback the first object encountered is not identified. The wierd problem is if I spy the object in GUI map editor I am shown the object but the script just doesnt playback and am thrown object not found error. I am using WR9.2 and IE 6. Has anyone seen this problem. the script was running fine earlier so I am clueless to what triggered this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object not identified on playback

Seems like a solution is hard to find. I have more to add from my further investigation. I have 4 modules that i load into memory, when I load all the four WinRunner doesnt identify the objects on the application but if I load only the first three then WinRunner is able to traverse through the application after identifying the objects. So loading a particular compiled module into memory is triggering the issue where WinRunner is not able to identify the objects. Any pointers as to what is causing this behaviour?
    Thanks in advance.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That's really odd. Perhaps you're overwriting a built in function? Can you post the problematic module? You're not running out of memory are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

No,I am not running out of memory and when I load the module I am not shown any errors. Sorry I cannot post the module, and I know in that case I am stuck by myself. The problem is this module is the one creating a gui file and on subsequent script execution WR doenst identify the objects. But if I was to manually load the gui file created by the module and not load this module into memory then WR is able to identify the objects. In both the cases I was able to look up all the objects on gui map editor with app, the only problem being at runtime WR has no clue where the objects are though they are in the editor.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

After the gui map is created, you don't need the module, right? Why don't you unload it with the unload function?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

:-) Yes I had tried that too but to no avail. If this module is loaded in the current run (sounding like an absolute novice) WR doesnt like what it sees even if I unload it and it doesnt recognize the object as if to say dont fool with me.
    In addition if there is a variable size or array size overflow can it be a cause too, without actually throwing something like size exceeded error?
    Also to add a minor detail that I skipped of all the objects on the GUI file browser main window and its child object browser edit location(URL field) are being recognized by WR and none of the subsequent objects.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

After you're done creating the gui map, try the follwing:

1) unload the problem module.
    2) close all browser windows.
    3) call_close "webinit" ();

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Wow! thats the first thing that came out when it worked. When I read your solution I wanted to flag saying I reboot the machine and start winrunner and run the script and its failing and also there is no browser window accessed prior to execution or creation of GUI file. But I have had a single run with no problems raised with WR, thanks a lot but do u see any possible reason that had happened with object identification. In any case I am really thanful to you as Mercury support has been pushing me from desk to desk on this.