Kill the windows service with TSL

I m doing automation for a project where it is collection of windows services. I need TSL function to kill (not stopping) the service from task manager before starting any service.

Can anyone pl help me out

Thanks in advance

Re: Kill the windows service with TSL

Maybe Tony's code in this thread will be helpful:

SQA Knight
    Cupertino, CA, USA

To get the name of the executable from the service name, look at the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\& lt;service_name>\ImagePath

A GetRegistryValue function is located here:

Thanks for ur early response...... i had look at that but i m not that good enough to catch it... could u pl send me function to kill the service for the below example...(if u find time)

Service name: XYZ

The fourth post down in that link spells it out.

The functions I originally posted in that thread are functions you can use with WinRunner to kill a process - also there are links where you need to download the pskill.exe application from sysinternals (now from Microsoft).

Not sure what more you are wanting, and I am not sure what more I can give in addition to the information in the code to help someone, other than doing their job for them.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results