Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Change in value

Hello!

Hereby I would like to test whether value get change/update in text box depend on value of another text box.
    eg. Two text boxes are there. One text box is for Basic Salary & second one is for PF. So if any changes in Basic Salary text box then PF text box get updated automatically.

How to test that? Is there solution for that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Change in value

How do you manually test it?

Figure out the steps, document and then you can code in the steps needed to test it automatically.

You aren't going to be able to wrap that test up into a GUI checkpoint, you will have to code it.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Shweta,
    Try following steps:
    1. Change the amount from Salary text box to say 's'
    2. Type return (enter)
    3. Capture the Amount from PF text box (say 'pf') using
    "get_text()"
    4. Use TSL for comparision as follows: (assume PF should be
    12 % of salary)
    if ( pf == 0.12 * s )
    tl_step("PF Check", PASS , "PF is properly amended");
    else
    tl_step("PF Check", PASS , "PF is properly amended");

Hope it should help you.

Regards,
    Manish
    Thanks and Regards,
    ~Manish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

MadhuShila -

While I am sure we all appreciate your eagerness to show off your prowess with WinRunner, we try not to spoon feed everyone with the exact solutions to their queries. This doesn't solve the root cause of situations in that the base knowledge and understanding of the issue is not addresses in a manner to further the individual posting. It only supports the position people can come here and obtain solutions to their work issues without having to face the fact there is a possible lack of skill or training. In the long run, this hurts the individual posting as well as the site (as mentioned it stops addressing the root cause of the issue for the original post).

We try to facilitate an atmosphere where the individual tries to solve their problem with help from the volunteer community, not receive outright solutions. Without intimate knowledge of the application they are testing, the direct solutions provided have to make assumptions that might not hold true, causing failures in supplied code, leading to negativity toward the information on the site (if you look at your example, you are passing the conditions no matter what the outcome is, if they took this code verbatim as I am sure they will, the test will be marked as passed no matter what the result of the conditional - in other words, the code you posted is incorrect and assumes interaciton with the application that may not be possible).

If you would be kind enough to consider this in your future posting I am sure it will lead to a better grouping of information for current and future visitors.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi MadhuShila,

I was also thinking the same way as u told & tired out also.

Actually I have done Software Testing Course but testing experience is of manual testing & not that of Winrunner.

I am trying to apply my knowledge as well as want to learn more. That's why I would like to alternative way for each & every solution.

But again I am really thankful to u.

thanks