Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WR 9.2 Object Recognition Problems

Hey - I've run this past the WinRunner tech support, but I wanted to see if anyone in the community has come up with a fix themselves.

I am having difficulty getting the OCR functionality to work correctly in Microsoft Vista using WinRunner 9.2. Anyone else have these problems and happen to know a fix? (I did try the obvious fixes and they didn't work - atricles 42695 and 49364 in the KB on the official WinRunner support site.)

TIA!
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WR 9.2 Object Recognition Problems

You probably aren't going to get much response on here as 9.2 isn't officially out as far as I know, and it is very difficult (especially for the small contracts like my place) to get it ahead of time.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry - I need to restate what I previously stated. I was unaware the 9.2 (funny how the first release of 9 already has a .2 at the end of it?) was released.

Probably a lot of people still waiting to get ahold of it to see how it works with their systems.

I have ordered the CD, just waiting for them to either send it out, or allow me to download it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, they sent me a D/L link right away. The CD's are supposed to be coming, but that has been about two weeks now, so who knows how long it will be.

I did, however, find a work around that does not use the OCR methods that I once used in 8.2. Instead of 'obj_click_on_text' I now use 'move_locator_text' or 'win_move_locator_text'....you just follow those commands with a 'click' function. The 'move_locator_text' is a little trickier. You just find the window size and location to look for the text in (win_get_info....obj_get_info can be used as well). Then use those coodinates to search using the 'move_locator_text' function.

Example:
    obj_get_info(objectName, "x", x1);
    obj_get_info(objectName, "y", y1);
    obj_get_info(objectName, "width", width);
    obj_get_info(objectName, "height", height);

move_locator_abs(x1, y1);

x2 = (x1 + width); #x2
    y2 = (y1 + height); #y2

move_locator_text(Text, x1, y1, x2, y2);

found_x = get_x();
    found_y = get_y();

if (x1 != found_x && y1 != found_y)
    {
    click("Left";
    }
    else
    {
    pause("Error - Could not find object!");
    }

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just for the record, if you want the CDs, you have to follow up on the SR# they log for the upgrade request and they will ship it to you.

As well, they will be kind enough to charge you $25 for 2-day shipping on it as well.