Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to read data from PDF file

Hi,

I am using WR 8.2 version. I have to check contents of pdf files, but i am not able to do. Could any one has idea about this.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to read data from PDF file

This can be done by passing the data in a .txt file and then checking the required content in .txt.

Thanks,
    Sharief

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I can't pass the data to .txt file.My application generates pdf file just like a report based on the values and validations. I have to retrieve directly from .pdf only and there is no other way.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

PDF files are not supported in WInRunner. It is related to (as far as I can remember) Adobe choosing not to open their files to any software testing tool, closing any chance their secure digital signature features won't ever be hacked.

If the only way you can interact with the report is via the PDF file, then this item needs to go onto the list of things that can't be fully automated and you would review it manually with each test run.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The best you can do is use keyboard shortcuts to select all and copy data to the clipboard. Then use the cso library function GetClipboardText (or something similar).