Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem with WRSAFS in WinRunner 8.2

Hi,

I have an issue with the installation of WRSAFS (WinRunnerŪ Automation Framework Support) 2005.07.11.00 release. I am using Winrunner 8.2, on Windows XP, with Visual Basic, Active-X and Webtest add-ins. I installed SAFS (release 2005.05.12) and have JRE (1.4_2_10) and windows scripting host 5.6, and then WRSAFS.

When I start WinRunner, I get a error with my vbinit script, if I select the WRSAFS components in the add-in manager.
    This is the error message: "C:\Program Files\Mercury
    Interactive\Winrunner\lib\vbinit (5), error: test not found in the search path extern int vbsvc_InitData(in string)".
    If I deselect the WRSAFS components in the add-in manager I don't get the error (however I'm not sure if the visual basic component is being initialised in the situation).

Can anyone assist with the problem?

Regards,
    Kunji

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem with WRSAFS in WinRunner 8.2

maybe contact the people you obtained this WRSAFS thing you speak of?

I haven't heard this ever spoken of prior to now, maybe some of the other forum members might have an insight.

As far as what can be told from your error, have you looked at what line 5 of vbinit holds? What is the file it is calling that can't be found in the search path? Once you determine that, you can then investigate if you need to modify your WR included paths to find what it needs.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe contact the people you obtained this WRSAFS thing you speak of?

I haven't heard this ever spoken of prior to now, maybe some of the other forum members might have an insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

WRSAFS has come up before.

Look familiar ? :

Quote from Peter Ruscoe:

[ QUOTE ]
    Now that's MY kind of diagram. Not like that wimpy SDLC thing. THIS one will separate the sheep from the goats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I had purged that from my memory! WOW - my eyes hurt now.

Sounds like we have found a sheep then!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results