Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TMXwrx - Is it recommended?

Hello,

I came across an add for TMXwrx in the October 06 Better Software magazine and thought I would look into it. It claims to provide all of the functionality found in QTP within WinRunner, which would help with testing such things as .NET web applications (which is my main focus). After downloading the trial version and opening it up, it's overall look and feel was not very impressive. I couldn't even use it to create a script, which I believe is it's intention. Maybe I'm wrong, but has anyone had any experience with this tool? Any recommendations? Insights??

Here is a link to their site:

http://critical-logic.com/products/tmxwrx_info.php

Thanks!

Matti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TMXwrx - Is it recommended?

All I can say about it, it uses WinRunner to do the actual testing, it only helps you create the tests (it dumbs down the interface to QTP level and then uses WR to run).

If WR doesn't support the environment, then you aren't going to be able to use this tool for it either. NET testing would be out of the question anyway
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That helps. Dumbing down the interface doesn't really help me. I wasn't sure if it provided some libraries on top of what WinRunner provides that helps with .net web app testing.

I am using WinRunner to do .NET web application testing. However, NOT BY CHOICE. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've managed to work with it to a level in which I can use it, but it obviously is not the right tool for the job, which is what I was hoping TMXwrx would help with. But, it doesn't look too promising...

Thanks for the reply,

Matti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually, the application we use is developed for the web via .NET, and unless your development crew latches on to weird thrid party controls to push out to the web page, you should be more than all right for using WR.

I am not fully familiar with the application from them, but their site does say it deosn't run the test or provide any more functionality than what your WR insallation gives as it still requires it to be launched to run and debug the tests. It is a good concept, but one that I think will fail eventually when WR goes to teh wayside (Hate to think that will ahppen, but I am sure it will eventually)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results