Im using ddt_get_row_count() to get the number of rows in a spreadsheet.
This is normally straight forward stuff.
Last time I used it, we had WR7.5 installed (locked down desktops etc) and it worked. Now after several months, we have WR8.2 installed and I cant get it to work. It always returns -1, and of course Im using the returned value in a loop.
The TSL guide simply says the -1 means the operation has failed. I already know that, what I want to know is why its failed, the TSL guide doesnt event hint at this.
Maybe the sheet had somehow gone a bit wonky inside. Because I also copied all the cells (you know, clicking on the top left-hand square to do a select-all action) and pasting the lot into a new sheet, then removed the unused sheets, and save and hey presto.
I have seen issues realted to ddt problems when I have used different editors to create or modify the xls files.
One system we have Excel, on the others we have OpenOffice to conserve licenses in the automation lab. Sometimes when boucing between the wo programs we get some weird errors. If we stay in one program throughout it doesn't seem to present.
just some FYI I guess, not really anything specific to your issue.