Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Anyone using WR on XP w/ multiple monitors? ...

I just flipped open my laptop (Thinkpad T40) and configured the video so that I can use the LCD on the laptop as well as the CRT I normally use.

Anyone else do this when using WR? Anything odd about this configuration and WR? I'm seeing some GUI problems and I'm trying to rule out whatever I can.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Anyone using WR on XP w/ multiple monitors? ...

I'm sure there would be some problems. Why are you trying to run it this way?

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Let me just clarify one thing - is the same image displayed on both monitors, or is the image split?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I use multiple Monitors with the laptop I use as a development system. I develop against internet applications, and

I have noted some limitations in that the AUT must remain on the main display (laptop LCD).

WnRunner can reside on the secondary display for me, which is nice to watch the script run as the application updates.

There are other limitations related to running WinRunner on a laptop (like font size settings on the LCD display), but if you have been developing on the laptop up until now, those will be under control I am sure.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Funny, just wanted to post a FYI-topic yesterday as we fell over a problem with using 2 monitors (using an enlarged desktop).

WR was able to record an obj_mouse_click() on a window being displayed on the 2nd monitor, but when replaying it the error "parameter is out of range" came.
    When we moved the window into the primary monitor WR could replay it successfully.
    Might be some sort of error when calculating the absolute coordinates for the mouse click...

Regards,
    Juergen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks guys. I wasn't doing this for WR, just general ease of use on the PC. I have since noticed that it works better if I leave the AUT on the laptop's LCD, and WR on the secondary monitor.

Oh, and as it's setup now, it's not the same image on both displays. It's one display that spance both screens. The cool thing is that I drive the LCD at 1024X768, and the CRT at 1280x1024! ;-)

Needless to say, beware if you have resolution dependent code. ;-)

Chris