Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TASK FOR SCHEDULING

I am not able to shcedule a job (bat file- having command to launch WR.exe and to run script) using
    command prompt
    "C:\\Program Files\\Mercury Interactive\\WinRunner\\arch\\WRUN.EXE "-t
    c:\batch\newclock -batch on -run_minimized -dont_quit –run

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TASK FOR SCHEDULING

what exactly is your problem?

And before you go any further, make sure you have gone through Chapter 38 pp781 - 800 to familiarize yourself with the commands you can use.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I created a script.
    Now my task is to run this script once in a week. I am trying to schdeduling a job (having the above mentioned two commands) using either window schedular or "at" dos command on a remote computer. Wrun.exe is launching but script is not running.

Yes, I have gone through command line help but still I am doing mistake somewhere.

And tell me if I have to run this script on any other machine (on LAN) then what would be required.

One is wrunner should be installed on that machine. If other than this required then update me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you run this script on the system you need to interactively? Did it run correctly?

Have you taken the command string you have built and type it into a command prompt manually?

Is WinRunner installed on the machine you need to run the test against?

Is the script on the system you are executing the command string on?

Some things to look at
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, I run the script on another machine in my network directly using wrun (wrun has installed on it)and that is running fine.

If i run this script using command prompt wrun get launched but script is not running , problem is existing in 2nd command (for loading & running the script). And that's why not running as a scheduled job.

We can't schedule a job like that for another machine using window schedular.

Only option is :
    AT [\\computername] time [/INTERACTIVE]
    [ /EVERY:date[,...] | /NEXT:date[,...]] "command"

and here I have given the command string as mentioned in 1st clause

[ 04-05-2006, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: rohit_24 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If it is a defined once a week test run, why are you trying to schedule it through DOS on a different machine instead of just doing it at the console of the system the AUT resides on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

a) In actual, when i run this script using wrun , then it run fine. But if using CMD i do the same then just only launch wrun.exe not running the script, so firstly there is problem in 2nd command which i am not getting where i am making mistake in this syntax.

b) If this is running fine through console of system then my next task is to run this script on a remote system which I can run only using DOS "at" command. Here I can't check this functionality using "At" dos command cause there is something wrong in following:
    c:\batch\test -batch on -run_minimized -dont_quit –run

Here I can use only at dos command for the purpose of running script on any remote computer at a particular time as an scheduled job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

can anyone tell me where is mistake in 2nd command line

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

From the help file windows for the at command
    command
    Specifies the Windows command, program (that is, .exe or .com file), or batch program (that is, .bat or .cmd file) that you want to run. When the command requires a path as an argument, use the absolute path (that is, the entire path beginning with the drive letter). If the command is on a remote computer, specify Universal Naming Convention (UNC) notation for the server and share name, rather than a remote drive letter.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Following is the windows commands, which i mentioned with absolute path and drive letter as you wrote here,but on its execution only launch wrun not running script

Tell me where i am wrong

"C:\\Program Files\\Mercury Interactive\\WinRunner\\arch\\WRUN.EXE "-t
    c:\batch\newclock -batch on -run_minimized -dont_quit –run

without running script using above command; I can't check scheduling of the batch file (involving these 2 command) on another terminal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast