Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Idiots Guide to XML Parser Add-in?

Hi all,

Been a background user of the site for over a year, and this is the first question that I haven't been able to answer by searching - both on here or Mercury's site.

I have downloaded the User Contributed 'XML Parser Add-in' which I am trying to get to work for my needs.

My basic idea is to have an XML file holding lots of Expected Results for Tests, ie FieldLength, FieldType, etc. Actual results will be compared to parsed data before reporting.

Now all I want to do is simply Load the XML and query the elements of a defined path.

Example of the xml:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">&lt;Profile5&gt;
    &lt;Forms&gt;
    &lt;FORMTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;FIELDTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;MaxLength&gt;NUMBER&lt;/MaxLength&gt;
    &lt;FieldType&gt;ALPHA/NUMERIC/ALPHANUMERIC&lt;/FieldType&gt;
    &lt;/FIELDTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;FIELDTITLE2&gt;
    &lt;/FIELDTITLE2&gt;
    &lt;FIELDTITLE3&gt;
    &lt;/FIELDTITLE3&gt;
    &lt;FIELDTITLE4&gt;
    &lt;/FIELDTITLE4&gt;
    &lt;DROPDOWNTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;DropDownItem&gt;ITEM1&lt;/DropDownItem&gt;
    &lt;DropDownItem&gt;ITEM2&lt;/DropDownItem&gt;
    &lt;/DROPDOWNTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;DROPDOWNTITLE2&gt;
    &lt;/DROPDOWNTITLE2&gt;
    &lt;DROPDOWNTITLE3&gt;
    &lt;/DROPDOWNTITLE3&gt;
    &lt;/FORMTITLE1&gt;
    &lt;/Forms&gt;
    &lt;/Profile5&gt;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Can any one help me or provide suggestions as I've been sitting with a print out of all the functions infront of me for to long and am loosing more hair!

Thanks,
    Colin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Idiots Guide to XML Parser Add-in?

Forgot this..

This is how far I've got and know it works :embarrassed:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">file_close(&quot;C:\Documents and Settings\E003666\My Documents\WinRunner\Scripts\Profile5\RegressionSet \XML\ExpectedResultTemp.xml&quot;
    XMLObject1=CreateXML();
    LoadFile(XMLObject1, &quot;C:\Documents and Settings\E003666\My Documents\WinRunner\Scripts\Profile5\RegressionSet \XML\ExpectedResultTemp.xml&quot;
    XMLPath = &quot;Profile5/Forms/FORMTITLE1/FIELDTITLE1&quot;;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is this a new add-in from Mercury (official), or it is the one that was posted in the download section?

If it is the former, I am unware of there being an official add-in for WR related to XML.

If it is the latter - you might see if you can try to contact the original poster and ask for further information.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It is the later, don't think there is a MI Supported XML Parser for Winrunner, yet? I have the email address of the original poster from the Download Section, but wanted to try a general audience rather than a direct approach initially.

Colin