Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Page loading

Hey all,
    I'm running automation code(WinRunner 8.0) on dynamic pages and want to find a way to pause the code until the page is fully loaded. I tried using web_sync() but my pages have few frames and it seems that web_sync is waiting only for one specific frame. Is that true ?If so then is there a way to specify which frame it should wait for ? What are the better ways to use for page reloading?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Page loading

There are a couple of things to consider, You can either trigger off an individual control on the page that when it is enabled the page is known to be complete.

The main procedure I use is to reference the frames, as WinRunner recognizes them as window controls for the most part. You can then to a win_wait on the frame you want to make sure is loaded.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I don't have win_wait() function in my library, do you when can I get it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I did it in short hand as I responded quickly.

I guess extrapolation is a bit difficult at times.

The full function is win_wait_info. You can dig into it from the TSL help. You should be familiar with it though as it is a base function always used.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    You can try the obj_exists(objname, time) function. The objname should be the one that is loaded last on the frame. This will make WR wait till the object exists.

[ 01-25-2006, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Juleo_2607 ]