Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Winrunner, PowerBuilder, & Dropdowns

I'm seeing the most bizarre behavior with Winrunner and my AUT.

Winrunner version 8.0
    PowerBuilder add-in installed and loaded

I'm testing a PowerBuilder app that contains a table. The cells in one column of the table are drop downs. When I try to access the data in the drop down I will occasionly get "Object Not Found". BUT on the very next run WITHOUT CHANGING ANYTHING, the test may run through and pass (sometimes it's the 3rd or 4th time).

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? Anyone have any ideas on causes?

I thought it could possibly be timing and tried using wait statements, but that didn't solve the problem.

It's acting like somewhere between
    the tbl_set_selected_cell,
    the tbl_get_cell_data, and
    the obj_type (to get to the right element of the list)
    that the focus is lost on the cell. There isn't any code between those statements that should cause focus to be lost.
    and, like I said, it doesn't happen all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Winrunner, PowerBuilder, & Dropdowns

well i guess u might have to install the winrunner again.

i had similar kind of problem wherein winrunner was identifying the table with different name at different occations.The problem was solved after installing the winrunner again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

try to use
    tbl_set_cell_data(); function after tbl_set_selected_cell () function
    Also check that the row parameter of above function is recorded by content or by location. if it's by content then change it into by location. Hope this will help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Short answer:
    Problem is in the Powerbuilder, it does not give Handle to the all the objects that are displayed so winrunner could not identify the object with consistancy..

For permanent solution will have to write a function to do what you need to do.

In my case WR was not recognising a Datawindow Column of Type "RadioButton", I wrote a function for that.
    I have posted it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/winrunner/files/
    file name :PowerBuilder.txt

I remember I wrote a function for Lists but cant find now, its similar to radio button with some differences.