Thread: Win Runner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Win Runner

I am automating the tests of a web site. In design part of the test build a new feature is added.i.e., a new delete button is added.I have automated the test before the delete button is added.If I run the test it fails.can I make win Runner to learn that object or should I start from scratch?(i.e., again start recording in fresh window?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Win Runner

find object information by using GUI spy and update in your script, if you start from fresh will be waste of effort
    Warmest Regards.,
    Senthil
    Chennai

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Win Runner

ksrikanth_mca - Congradulations, you have just found one of the many reasons why automation isn't a R/P magic solution!

Although I am more than a little confused how you can automate the script without the button being there previously, but then it start failing after it is added. If it wasn't there in the beginning, then you wouldn't have added in steps to interact with it to fail..... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

spend some time with the tutorial, especially the sections on how to edit gui maps and that should enlighten you on what you need to do in adding the new object. I am sure it is also going to help you figure out how to modify your script to incorporate the new button.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results