Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

MSW_class with .Net compared to VC++

The GUI I test with is in the analysis phases of being upgraded from Visual C++ to .Net. For those you who have been through something like this, did you run into trouble with GUI maps, and/or the MSW_class ids being chnaged because of the upgrade to .Net?

I trying to find out if we will have to re-write or scripts and/or GUI map so that our scripts will work with a .Net GUI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: MSW_class with .Net compared to VC++

WR does not support .Net applications and therefore does have problems with upgrading to .Net. There are workarounds to this. Do a search in the upper right-hand cornor on .Net inthe WinRunner forum for more information.
    Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience -- Dilbert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it is my understanding that WinRunner scripts can be called by QTP scripts and vice versa. But given that your app/objects are going to be changing, the WR scripts will no longer be valid and will probably need to be redone in QTP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ok, thanks. Apparently Ouick Test Pro can handle .Net apps. My next question is, if scripts were written in WinRunner, can QTP run them? Or, are will we have to do a complete re-write of our scripts in QTP?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I believe i've read that they can. But you might want to check that with Mercury on their website or call them. Or maybe someone on the QTP Forum knows.
    Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience -- Dilbert