Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Object location Problem

I am writing scripts for some web application, in which on each update of some data, one edit box will be added to the same screen. It may be in different locations from location:0 to location:6 within a table in following rows.Object in first row (say "ObjA") has discription,
    { class:edit, MSW Class:html_edit, html_name: commentsDis, location:0}
    and object in second row (say "ObjB") has description,
    {class:edit, MSW Class:html_edit, html_name: commentsDis, location:1}.
    Sometimes it may happen that ObjA is absent and ObjB is present based on data update. In this situation description of added edit box is like
    {class:edit, MSW Class:html_edit, html_name: commentsDis, location:0} i.e nothing but description ObjA. So obj_exists("ObjB") fails and obj_exists("ObjA") passes but that is not desired. So that i am not able track which row is updated exactly. Anyone please help me to solve this problem....
    Thanks in Advance
    Prashant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object location Problem

I don't have Winrunner installed right now, so I think I use the wrong function description name, but you'll get the idea. I assume that the description is in column 1 and the editbox in column 2.

Build a function that finds the text data in column one with a simple for loop:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">tbl_get_row_count(table, row_count);
    for (rownumber=1; rownumber&lt;=row_count, rownumber++) {
    tbl_get_text(table, rownumber, 1, text);
    if (text == expected_text) break;
    }</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Rownumber is now the row where you want to get your object. Now we are going to get the objects physical description:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">rc = tbl_get_child_data(table, rownumber, 2, &quot;html_edit&quot;, physical_description);
    # if rc != E_OK then the edit box did not exist in this row.
    # with physical_description, you can do whatever you want: Fill, check the attributes etc.
    edit_set(physical_description, &quot;Now filling the editbox in the row with text: &quot; text);</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">