Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Saving an already open Excel Sheet at predefined location with a predefined name

hi all,
    i have an task wherein i have to save an already open excel sheet at predefined location with a predefined name.

Is there any way to do it using winrunner?

Thanks in advance.
    [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Saving an already open Excel Sheet at predefined location with a predefined name

Is it a sheet you are creating from scratch and adding data into? Or is it one that you have opened to read in one place to them put out into this "new location"

If it is the first, then the standa file and ddt functions will get you where you need to go with that.

If it is the latter (although I can't understand why you'd want to really do this), take a look into the vso functions for copy_file I think it is. You can then close the sheet and copy it from the source to the destination, then use rename_file to change the name to what you want.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Saving an already open Excel Sheet at predefined location with a predefined name

Please define "open excel sheet"
    Are you opening this with DDT open.
    Is it open in excel application.

Just depends on the type of save to be performed then as awdavis has indicated a simple dos coammand to do a file copy would be best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

to be precise, the excel sheet contains a report and is generated by a BI reporting tool.

The BI Tool has a option to export the report into an excel sheet and when opted to this option, an excel sheet is opened with the required report. This excel sheet has initial name as of Book* and needs to be changed at particular location with a particular name.

i hope i had myself clear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You could try recording a script to do a saveas or just a save on the workbook and include it in your other script.