Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WinRunner performance in Citrix

Hello! i have a question regarding WinRunner performance in Citrix. i have to execute WinRunner Scripts in Citrix and both AUT and WinRunner are installed in the Citrix Metaframe server, i acces the server remotely. but the problem is the execution is very slow. if i do execute the scripts in local workstation they are fast(ofcourse WR is installed in the local workstation also and access to application is through http). can anybody help me in solving this issue. i mean is this issue due to some kind of configuration missing or due to remotely connecting to Citrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WinRunner performance in Citrix

How big is the Server system you are using (proessor, memory). How much is being allocated to each individual connection?

Have you installed all the Citrix patches?

You are running a full desktop from Citrix?

How many other connections are residing on the server?

Is the connection being throttled or is there load balancing involved? If there is - is the application installed on multiple servers or just the one?

Is the Citrix server on the same subnet as your local machine being used as a dummy connection?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello! Davis(i preseume)
    can you provide me the patches
    WR version is 7.6 i am workimg on i know of one patch i added in Registry supportcitrixstartup=on i guess.
    You are running a full desktop from Citrix?--i did not understand this question.
    i will provide answers for other questions that u have asked soon.
    thank u for your response

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello! Davis
    How big is the Server system you are using (proessor, memory). How much is being allocated to each individual connection?
    answer: Dell PowerEdge 1650 - Dual 1.4GHz Xeon Procs - 4GB Mem (i could not get answer for individual connection ).

How many other connections are residing on the server?
    answer: about 10 connections (may be couple more)

Is the connection being throttled or is there load balancing involved? If there is - is the application installed on multiple servers or just the one?
    answer:No. Different Subnet

Is the connection being throttled or is there load balancing involved? If there is - is the application installed on multiple servers or just the one? No throttling.

this is what i could get from my Network group
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello!
    here are the updated specs of my Citrix box
    Windows 2000 SP4
    IBM eServer xSeries 345
    4 x 2.8GHz Proc's
    4GB Mem
    Please ignore the specs that i posted earlier

Is the Citrix server on the same subnet as your local machine being used as a dummy connection? --No Different Subnet