I am using winrunner 7.5 to test Eclipse 3.0 UI. In my code, I have:
toolbar_button_press ("Debug_Toolbar", "Resume"); # Button Number 0;
It worked fine in Eclipse 2.x testing. But Now I can still record it, but get the following error when I replay it:
"toolbar_button_press: "Debug_Toolbar" Error: Item not found.
I used GUI spy to compare the toolbar in 2 eclipse environment, can not tell too much difference. They are both having toolbar as class and ToolbarWindow32 as MSW_class.
I am using WinXP with Service Pack 2. Any help is appreciated.
Anything below WinRunner 8.0 is not supported on XP SP2 -
I had an issue with various controls not acting as they should when I had to apply the SP2 patch to XP under WR 7.6. Logging a support call resulted in this quote from one of their support personnel:
"WinRunner 7.X and SP2 is not supported and will not be tested. It has been noted that 'weird happenings' will occur with that combination"
Hopefully you have a Maintenance Contract with Mercury and you can request the newer version and have it sent out (or download it if you need it quicker)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Thanks for your reply, awdavis. I found a way around.
Instead of using:
toolbar_button_press("Debug_Toolbar", "Resume"); # Button Number 0;
Now I use:
toolbar_button_press ("Debug_Toolbar", "#0"); #Resume, Button Number 0;