Winrunner or QTP ??
What according to u r the differences between Winrunner and QTP ???
I know a few as
* Qtp can be used for .Net
* It makes use of multiple actions.
* Qtp uses VBScript and Winrunner TSL.So u can use ADODB in QTP.
what do u think.. which is better ???
Re: Winrunner or QTP ??
It depends on what you want. We analyzed QTP once in comparisson with Winrunner, and decided to stick to Winrunner.
Some reasons why you might choose QTP:
- QTP uses SOF (Smart Object Finding), which means that when an object is not found, it tries to find an object that might be the one you intentionally needed. That sounds nice ofcourse, though it consumes a lot of runtime.
- QTP is able to display the loadtime of a page. You can do this as well in Winrunner, but it needs coding, QTP has this all in.
- QTP creates a screenshot of the page when a check fails. Winrunner can do this too, but again extra coding is needed.
- QTP runs faster then Winrunner does.
- Mercury will no longer work on Winrunner. So version 8.0 is the last one.
- QTP looks more stable (less crashing) then Winrunner
- QTP can set an object to be optional. This helps when you have objects that are not always displayed. In Winrunner this needs extra coding.
Some reasons why you might choose Winrunner:
- in case you are experienced with Winrunner: QTP is a total different approach then you use at Winrunner.
- QTP can only open 1 file at a time. While Winrunner can open multiple files. This is a big disadvantage of QTP! When you use functions in libraries etc, you like to have multiple scripts open.
- In QTP each page is a new one. The GUI map is very odd set up. I did not like working with the QTP GUI map at all. But that's my own thing ofcourse.
- QTP contains less functions then Winrunner does. There is a help file in QTP that contains more functions, but you need to copy paste the code and create them yourselve.
Hope this helped you a little.