Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

test not found error.

I have a winrunner test suite(zip file) which when taken to another machine and unzipped and started running, errors out at eval function. Input to this eval function is call_close statement with full path to the test. It says test not found in the search path.
    It works on my local machine where tests were developed. Not run in batch mode. I understand that search path need not be set if absolute path to script is not given in call_close.
    Any feedback..?
    TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: test not found error.

I'm sure others know more about this than I do, but ------ in general, you can't just copy a WinRunner script from one machine to another and expect it to work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

but what kind of machine dependencies are here. When it worked on my local machine, I zipped the entire directory and took it to other machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I seem to recall that there are path names in some of the files in the WR script folder, so unless both PCs are configured the same, it causes problems to copy a script from one to the other. Ironically, if you had just copied the file called "script" into a newly-created WR script folder on the second PC, it probably would have worked (although it would not, of course, have included results, checkpoints etc over).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You may want to look in the general options to make sure WinRunner is searching the right directory for your GUI map file, start up file (if you have one), and tests. I usually make a general wrun.ini file that knows where all of the tests, GUI maps, and start up tests are and copy that to our client machines.
    Hope this helps
    -Terri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HI !

You can add

setvar("searchpath","YourScriptDirPath");