I am new to winrunner and TSL. Anyone can help me doing following exercise.
Create a script, using WinRunner's TSL, which will do the following:
1. Create and save a new text file. Name the file new.txt.
2. Open Notepad.
3. From Notepad, attempt to open a file named old.txt. This file
should not exist.
4. From Notepad, open new.txt.
5. Write and call your own function that will return the current
6. Write the date from Step 5 to new.txt.
7. From Notepad, save new.txt.
8. From Notepad, close new.txt.
9. Close Notepad.
I donot have a complete knowledge of TSL I/O functions. I know how to open and close .txt file but I donot know how to open and close Notepad and how to run script in Notepad using TSL.
Actually I need to know what functions I can use to complete these tasks.