Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unhandeled From WinRunner

Hi,
    I'm surprising with this winrunner error suddenly while running the script .
    :ERROR:unhandled exception from WinRunner Init-Exception-Access-Violation:The thread attempted to read from or to a virtual address for which doesn't have the appropriate access.

can any body give some inputs on why this might happen.
    Winrunner version:7.0
    Thanks&Regds
    sbnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unhandeled From WinRunner

It sounds like you may have introduced some new code into a script. If that is the case - debug it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Did you recently upgrade the security on your windows 2000 system? It may have closed memory pages that Winrunner uses. You either have to rollback the security fix or reinstall Winrunner (because it will give you the option to re-allow those security holes). I am not positive option two will work though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes Moron,
    Recently I've upgraded the win2000 OS.Thank you very much for your inputs.If possible, Can you throw light on how this effect memory pages winrunner uses?.I mean what are the memory pages that winrunner uses?
    Thanks&Regards
    Sreeman
    sbnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not a clue, I would recommend that you back up your wrun.ini (to preserve your settings) and reinstall Winrunner. I know that when it's installed it will ask you if you want to allow access to those memory pages. Give that a try if you can. Hah, and I just answered to "Moron". I love it.