During the test execution winrunner slows down considerably and again picks up the speed after a while. Initially I thought that it was due to the web application slowing down, but its not the case.
I checked task manager, but everything seems to be normal. System memory seems to be fine. I am using winrunner 7.6 version.
Winrunner is used to fill the forms, the data is fetched from the .csv files. After the form is filled by WR, WR clicks on the submit button, thank you page displays and upon confirmation WR closes the IE browser and reopens a new browser to process the next set of records. To process one record winrunner approximately takes 20 seconds, but sometimes it takes 2 minutes. The slowdown is not continous, it slows down and again picks up the speed.
I am not using any call statement, no exception handling, hardly 10 functions being used, winrunner is installed on a high end system, (execution takes on the same system).
Are you setting the "cs_run_delay" variable at any point in the script? This will definitly slow down your WinRunner script significantly if you have it set to anything other than the default (which is 0).
* Are you doing any browsing on the side while WR is running? While IE is fetching, WR goes slow.
* Watching many variables? Stack viewer up? In more complex parts of the code?
* WR "seems" to run faster if minimized
I have not set cs_run_delay at any point in the script. If I try running the scripts in minimized fashion dont think it will help, since WR delay appears at some point of time. If I restart WR, the speed resumes back to the normal.
Only WR and IE browser will be running during the test run, there wont be any kind of activities during the test run.
I seem to remeber a similar problem with a function where I was waiting for sync point of some sort - possibly a change of state in a button. The trick was whne the app was running quickly the change had occured before I started the sync and consquently the function would time out before the script continued. Then some times the app would run slower my sync would work and the script ran faster. I think I replace the sync thingy with a loop and got more consistent run times.
You could try puting time stamps around all your functions and see which ones are running variable lengths of time.