1) Server located in US
2) Three client Machines in USA
3) In Server, Win runner is loaded
4) Three Client Machine does not have a Win runner, but they have the application to be tested.
5) I am connecting the server using VPN and Remote Desk to connection.
1) I want to know whether is it possible to test the application using remote win runner installed, is any license or anything is needed
Girish, thr is an option in Winrunner -> Tools menu-> general options -> run.
Allow testdirector to run tests remotely.
If u check this , thr will be option in TD to select the machines to run tests. (provided winrunner is installed in thm).
But i doubt , if u can run a test on a pc wthout winrunner installed.
not to continue a old thread, but to answer TELEFRAG
If the application is a client-server or stand alone application (as I am gathering from the previous explanation as it resides on the system that do not currently contain WR installations), you need to have WR and the application on the same system.
You can use Citrix sessions or programs like VNC to work remotely as an option, but WinRunner will still need to be installed on the system where the application is installed and running.
Web based is another story, but they are running with in IE or another web browser that is running on te same system as WR