Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION VIOLATION

I keep getting an "Unhandled Exception Violation" error when I execute my scripts, complaining that the script does not have write permissions to itself. Winrunner then generates a Dr Watson message and then terminates. I've tried copying and pasting the script to a new one to eliminate any potential problems associated with the directory of the script however problem still exists. Tried re-installing and running on different machines but no luck. Using Windows NT. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to overcome this problem?....Help very much appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION VIOLATION

What version of WinRunner?

Network drive or local drive?

Are you doing anything interesting such as accessing a database, datatable or file?

Was this working up until now, or has it never worked?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Using Version 7.6

The scripts are stored on a network drive, however I can usually execute them at least once without the error appearing. Scripts are not doing anything too complicated within a Powerbuilder application. Everything was working fine for about 2 months up until yesterday...please help!...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is the Dr.Watson error message appearing only when you are working with WR ? or with any other applications also?

If it is the case try to reinstall the OS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We had the same issue on a few systems here once we started developing more compiled modules instead of standard record and playback scripting.

We found the issue was with using arrays defined as static. Once we set the define statement to have the arrays defined as auto, we haven't experienced the problem since.

Just something to think about if your script are utilizing arrays at all.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am only using one large compiled module and the only arrays I am using are defined as auto.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Check your hard drive space on the network drive.
    Is the Dr. Watson always appearing at the same point in the scripts? Are you using file_ or ddt_ functions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The Dr Watson error only appears after the Unhandled Exception error, which happens usually as soon as a script is run but for random scripts. Plenty of space on the hard drive and no file or ddt functions are used which rules out file permission problems. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi
    I too facing similar problem. my scripts are on TD server (8.0) and i am running them onmy pc with WR (7.6).

It is giving some permission message and unhandled exception and closing the script and winrunner too. this is happening only when i am opening a data table but some time it was working fine, it still works fine if i do not use ddt_ commands but i need to use a excel file from local machine

Pls suggest what to do ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My problem no longer exists - think this was due to the fact that I was running via winrunner and copying a version of the script that already had a lock file created. Thus everytime it ran - it would complain that the file was open and it couldnt have access to it. Double check that lock files are not present when executing your scripts!