Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Outputting Results to Winrunner Test Results

I am running a long regression test on several hundred reports, and I am having trouble making my Test Results log read the way i want it to. At one point I have a web_obj_text_exists command searching for the appropriate text. I may have to do this 20 times per report.

I am actually performing a negative test for the data I am looking for. I want the test to continue running when the data in the check is NOT there.

How can I code this so that the check text entries are not in my test results window? Better yet, whenever the data is actually correct and not there so my test can move on, the faliure of this check actually fails my test. is there anyway around this as well?

Thanks guys,

The QA_Moron.

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Outputting Results to Winrunner Test Results

I would suggest using web_obj_get_text instead of web_obj_text exists. This won't output to test results or fail your test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If I am correctly understanding your question, you probably want to to something like...
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"># Case where text should exist:
    if(web_obj_text_exists(object,row,col,text) == E_OK)
    {
    result = PASS;
    message = &quot;Found &quot; &amp; text &amp; &quot; where expected.&quot;;
    }
    else
    {
    result = FAIL;
    message = &quot;Did NOT find '&quot; &amp; text &amp; &quot;' where expected.&quot;
    }
    tl_step(&quot;Test Case X&quot;, result, message);</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">If the text should not exist, then change the comparison at the beginning to "== E_NOT_FOUND" or "!= E_OK".
    web site | [url=http://www.ebookworm.us/[/url]

[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.&lt;/i] (The Song of Roland)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I used bpolitzer's idea, because what charles put more or less mirrors what I already did. It seems to be working now. Thanks for the help guys.

QA_Moron.