Have been using WinRunner 7.5 for a number of months with no problems however we have now installed it on 4 new pc's and the obj_get_text function does not appear to work when using the same scripts and applications.
I am getting the message #No Text Found. Have tried learning the Fonts and this also does not work although the text found changes to either the letter I or L.
If anybody has any ideas on how to resolve this I would greatly appreciate it.
Eveything is the same. Windows 2000 Service pack 3 etc. The only difference is the hardware. It works on the Dell I am currently using but not on the HP PC's we have installed it on. We have also tried on another Dell but we have encountered the same problems.
It has been suggested that it may be the Graphics Drivers so I am waiting for our ISD department to update them to the latest version to see if that helps.
As far as i remember one of my friend also had the same problem he asked the technical support person and they refered - to execute this function we need to make some changes in some files related to WR
Jypensyl may be this can give you some hint to think more on it
There's a solution for every problem, it depends how quick you want it
I'm not sure the graphics drivers would impact unless you are doing any bitmap checks and there are resolution diffs...
... a remote possibility could be dlls related to display drivers. Perhaps you could search Mercury's knowledge base for any "display" related issues. hmmmm... this one is wierd.