Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

handling multiple untitled windows w/diff objects

Hello,

I'm working on a C++ application that has a number of different untitled windows - both pop-ups and child windows that are part of the application.

Many of the objects within these untitled windows are best identified by label or location, but there are often conflicts across different windows. As it is currently recording, all of the child objects go into the one 'Untitled' parent window. I would like them to go into a separate windows.

I realize that the easiest way to solve this is to ask the development group to add labels to all of these windows. But if there's any way I can easily overcome this problem and save my development group requests for even more challenging workarounds, I would much appreciate that suggestion

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: handling multiple untitled windows w/diff objects

Are there other unique properties that you can add?

Ideally, it would seem best the developers get onboard and name the objects. This makes maintenance life easier for all who develop-the-code and all who-develop-the-code-to-test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: handling multiple untitled windows w/diff objects

There are not any unique properties of the window itself - to winrunner - it is the same window with different child objects.

I seem to recall that Silk had a way of defining the GUI map so that if you could locate a uniques set of child objects for the window, it would be possible to distinguish. I was wondering if Winrunner had something similar.

But if not, I certainly plan to get the developers to add names - as you suggest.