Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to indentify Java Objects

Hi,

I have a problem in identifying the java objects in one of my application.

Let me explain the situation in detail.

I created the scripts for an java application which use jdk 1.2.2 using Winrunner 7.0 and Java Addin 7.0 and later the development team upgraded the jdk to 1.3.1

When i record with the new jdk version, winrunner does not indentify the java objects.

I also contacted Mercury Interactive on this issue, they suggested me to install jdk 1.3.1 before java addin, so i did the same too, but still i have the problem.

Can anyone let me know what would be the problem is?

Expecting you reply.

Thanking you,

Chris

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to indentify Java Objects

It's been awhile since I worked with the java addin, but there are a few things I can suggest:

1) Check the readme file for the java addin you're using to make sure it supports 1.3.1

2) I believe there's a tool for patching the jre (although I can't remember the name it). Look under start->programs->WinRunner->JavaAddin. This tool allows you to browse to a specfic jre on your hard drive and patch it. Make sure that you patch the same jre your application is using. To determine what jre your app is using, look at how it's being launched (shortcut target or batch file). There's often a command line argument which specifies the jre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to indentify Java Objects

Check that your "Java" selected in used plugins when winrunner starts.
    Try use Microsoft JVM.