Unicode support for localization
We have a portal which is supported in 9 other languages, we have generated the script for English , and the same is working for rest all the European langauages.
However when i tried to capture the GUI file for Chineese/Korean the syntax generated is like :
Please note that i have installed the language pack for these langauges and IE is displaying the fonts correctly.
Can any one help , how i can capture the fonts correctly for these langauges , or if Winrunner allows me to do so ?
Re: Unicode support for localization
Don't if this helps any but we just localized to Trad Chinese (after Spanish, German, etc) and I'm testing with WR6.
I'm not doing any record/playback, I'm coding the scripts from scratch. I'm using GUI map objects that are defined by anything except labels wherever possible and separate language maps for a few objects where the only practical way to identify is by label. I'm using data tables to contain text strings for various purposes. I created an exception handler to deal with popup dialogs, when a dialog pops I capture the text in it and compare that to a string table to identify the dialog. This string table consists of a series of columns by language. I get the string table from the developers straight out of their VC++ environment and use the same keys they do to accomplish the lookup.
What I find is I can copy&paste everything I need from either the products' interface or windows into the localized GUI map object definitions and also into the data tables and in a few cases into the case lines of some switch statements. Seems to work fine. When viewed on the appropriate OS, the GUI map editor, the TSL script editor, and the data table tool all display their strings correctly. This whole thing moves fine across the OS's from 98 to XPP and across all the languages.
Now, I'm not doing much with IE other than opening an instance or two and doing a bitmap check on content, so maybe anything really involving IE might not work as well. Haven't tried yet.