Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Globalization/localization using WinRunner

Hi,
    I need your help on the mentioned above issue, i mean globalization and localization.
    I can say that we almost finished the globalization process which it mean to take out all the hard coded string to a resource file, in the end of this process we will have the same application but all the string will come from the resource file and to refer to winrunner it transparent as for the end user - he don't know what its going at backstage.
    So for the localization process which it mean know to translate the resource file,
    1. does anyone of you ever tested this two process with automation tool/WinRunner tool?
    2. Do i need a special winrunner version for special languages for example Japanese?
    3. How can i test the application under test with different languages using the same script with the same GUI map file?
    4. Does it worth to automate the localization process when i;am assuming that the English version after the globalization process (which it mean all the hard copy string take out to resource file) work good without any functional bugs , the reason I'm asking this is because the localization process its only translating?

thanks for the help, and I'm sure that your answers will help other cause i didn't find here almost any information about Multilingual process in the aspect of automation.

Polbar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Globalization/localization using WinRunner

we use globalization in our AUT and we assume that if the functional code is working in english, it would work in any other language.

we use exploratory test to check the language loading from the database and if so, then everything should be alright.

I hope we are doing well.
    -Socrates

[i]Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
    Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
    by definition, not smart enough to debug it.</i]- Brian W. Kernighan