Thread: message box

message box

Is there anyway where we can create a message box with Yes and No buttons......if yes is clicked then one script should be called and if No is clicked other script is called. I tried to use custom dialog but it did'nt work. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Re: message box

I would probably use create_list_dialog() for this. Populate it with a list of scripts that could be run, then use the return to call the desired script.

You may find you want to use eval to execute the call statement if you end up using a variable to provide the script name. Oh what the heck, here's an example (you can mail the check for my consulting fee to....):
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">choice = create_list_dialog(&quot;Choose Script&quot;,
    &quot;Select the script you want to run&quot;,
    if(choice == &quot;&quot
    # handle null value returned here (user probably clicked Cancel)
    eval(&quot;result = call_close \&quot;&quot; &amp; choice &amp; &quot;\&quot; ();&quot;
    }</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    web site | [url=http://www.ebookworm.us/[/url]

[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.&lt;/i] (The Song of Roland)