Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Parsing Physical Description attributes

Here is a physical description of an object that I added to a GUI map. I now want to parse this object. What is the best way to do this. I am trying to use web_obj_get_info to get the attributes in the physical description, but this is not working.

phys_desc = "{Option: \"View\", Work Order: \"RO-65\", Sales Order: \"I dont have a Repair Order Number.\", Tail: \"\", Airport: \"KDAL\", Repairing Vendor: \"SUPPORT-KDAL\", Start Date: \"\", End Date: \"2003-12-05\", Type: \"LINE\"}";

sample code:
    web_obj_get_info(phys_desc, "Airport", val);
    val is always empty.

I also tried "Airport:", and the same result.

What is the best way to use the physical description as an object and parse its attributes?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Parsing Physical Description attributes

You are using the wrong function.
    web_obj_get_info will get a runtime property of the object you define.

If you are trying to get a property of a object in your gui map try using the 'GUI_buf_get_desc_attr' function.

Nikesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Parsing Physical Description attributes

Thank you very much. That is a problem. But I found one other issue that isn't documented. In the physical description, the attributes cannot have white spaces, so attributes such as "Work Order" or "Sales Order" must be come SalesOrder or Sales_Order.

Thanks for explaining the idea of the run-time attributes.