Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dynamic trees using embeded tables in a web app

ok folks I have a bit of a problem with some dynamic trees.

I am currently testing a web app that uses a dynamically expanding ( embeded html tables) tree when a folder icon is clicked.

I can get the tree state at any point by calling a function I have written to populate an array with all the node names on the tree(that was painful enough) but how do I get the thing to tell me that the tree has sucessfully expanded when there is a possibility that an expanded folder can contain no sub nodes. ( this prevents me from counting the rows and comparing them).
    Although the folder icon changes to an open folder icon(like Windows explorer)
    we had a bug (hence the test) where the icon was chAnging but the sub nodes were not displaying . this removes the possibilty of just checking the icon??
    I'm [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] stumped!!!!
    Every time they make idiot proof software. The Universe goes and makes a better idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dynamic trees using embeded tables in a web app

I have "trees" like this too.

I went through the HTML carefully and found that the various states (collapsed parent, expanded parent, and leaf) had slightly different numbers of graphics (including invisible spacing GIF's).

You might also test which columns have text and which are blank.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dynamic trees using embeded tables in a web app

"Do you have acopy of this function you wwrote. I'm having a similar problem and looking for an answer. I'm hoping your function could jump start me. Thanks Olan."