Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

GUI SPY does not spy on form elements..

Hello All,

App is a Java based product, also uses swing components.There's a form used for trade entry: this form has text box, labels, listboxes grouped together on different frames.

Not sure why, but form elements on One of the frames(Transaction) is not being recognized, i.e'
    When I click on Tools->GUI spy, the spy only reads the Frame
    {class: object,label: Transaction,class_index: 30}

If the cursor is pointed on any other element in this frame, it still shows the frame as highlighted and does not recognize the form element or properties but displays above info. I do have the required add-ins and the "Spy on objects" enabled.Any idea as to why this might happen ?
    WR7.5
    Thanks in Advance!

[ 08-12-2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: bsrmailbox ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: GUI SPY does not spy on form elements..

This happens here at work on occasion. Usually reinstalling the java addin fixes this issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Here's something i found thats weird:

There's a listbox Product that has values Bond, Treasury etc. The above behaviour is inconsistent with each of these..for eg: If i choose Bond as a product, the frame is populated with one set of form elements and the GUI spy is able to spy on these elements. BUT if i choose Treasury(different set of form elements get populated) this behaviour takes place....

If the problem is with Add-ins should 'nt the behaviour be the same for either ?
    Thanks for responding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

BTW:when you say re-install, will this mess up any of the scripts or add-ins ?Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Anybody on this....?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling an add-in shouldn't cause any problems (although uninstalling fully can sometimes be a little tricky). Don't forget to re-apply any necessary patches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I do also experience this behaviour sometimes. It looks like GUI Spy cannot contact the Java application any more (but when running a script it is still possible...).

After restarting the application it's fine again. Maybe it's a time-problem (when the application is running for a longer time)...