Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

XWindows objects

I am trying to record an application in which winrunner is recording all the objects as "XWinClass". I know using virtual object wizard is one solution, but the entire application is recorded as XWinClass. Is there any other solution to automate XWindows applications.
    Thanks for all help.

[ 07-23-2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: pr02 ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: XWindows objects

I have to test some screens which are UNIX-based Xwindows apps displayed on the PC via Exceed. I use a lot of text-recognition fucntions along with various analog functions to navigate these screens. For instance, a simple trick is to use win_click_on_text to click on any button with a unique label.

I found that I could not depend on simple x/y coordinates all the time, as depending on various circumstances the screens did not always display the same (different test host, dynamic data in the screen, etc.). To enter data in text edit box, I find the nearest unique text label, then move the mouse some distance and do a mouse click, then use type() to enter the data.

I operate the menu bar selections by doing a type("&ltkF10>") to activate the menu bar, then type the necessary shortcut letters to select the desired menu option.

Hope that gives you some useful ideas.

[ 07-24-2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Charles Reace ]
    web site | [url=http://www.ebookworm.us/[/url]

[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.</i] (The Song of Roland)