Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

DBGird, Insert New Record into the Table

Hi
    I am haveing Problem inserting New record into the DBgird table,when I record the script i can see all the column name and row numer, i can see it's selecting new row also, but if i run that same script, it's not inserting the new row, it's inserting into existing row, And also when I click the column row it's showing following columnname in the script, what is the problem here, why it's not working as i recorded,is it a application problem or WinRunner or Table?
    see the screen shot for more info, IF you anyone can help me out on this that will be big help for me
    Thanks
    Suresh Kumar
    sureshku@eastsoft.com
    800-441-0830

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DBGird, Insert New Record into the Table

Have you checked the return codes of your statemants? Do they return Zero?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DBGird, Insert New Record into the Table

Not sure if you've checked this but here's a clip from the delphi.wri file...

"When you record grids of type TDBGrid, the row number is recorded incorrectly. To fix the problem, edit the row number to the correct row index."

This may be why your script uses an exisitng row...

------------------
    Cat

If you break it; they will come.
    Cat

If you break it; they will come.