Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Recognizing Java Script Message Boxes

Hi All:

I am testing an web applicaiton, which contains a huge amount of Message boxes.
    All the message boxes is having the same Title, while recording the script its overwriting the previous properties of the Message boxes. I need to check all the message boxes.
    Is there any other way to make sure all the message boxes (which are popped up by java script) are recorded as unique objects in the GUI MAP.
    One way is changing the title of all the message boxes to a unqiue title. Is there any other way.
    Waiting for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
    Madhu

------------------
    Madhu Hosmane
    Madhu Hosmane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Recognizing Java Script Message Boxes

Do you have to identify them all as unique? Have you checked the properties with GUI Spy to see if there are some other property which can uniquely identify them?

------------------
    Mattias

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If I am right all the message box titles are same you mean, but the messages displayed are not same.

So based on the messages you can test all the message boxes. If you have automated then all your expected messages will come from Excel sheet then you can compare them with the one you are getting whiile testing. You can display the results.

You should not worry about the Message Box title.

------------------
    Vinod
    avinodkumar@rediffmail.com
    Vinod
    If you want a high quality software system, you must ensure each of its parts is of high quality. by Watts S. Humphrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    Thanks for your views.
    Sunken: Its not mandatory for me to identify as unique. The property of Static text will be unqiue. But if i am using this as the value for validating , there is a problem of identifying the window.
    As i have to learn all the object and put into a GUI map file , When i do like this, it overwrites the messages (static text) of the previous message boxes which i have learned.
    Is there any other way to over come this...

Vinod: I will try this out and get back to you vinod. Can you please elaborate how this can be acheived. As i am fresher to the Winrunner.

-Regards
    Madhu

------------------
    Madhu Hosmane
    Madhu Hosmane